
If it wasn’t hard, everybody would be doing it. It is the hard that makes it so great.
Tom Hanks said this to Geena Davis in A League of Their Own. Her character has just left the team because she felt that baseball was getting difficult. He is trying to talk her out of it.
I love this movie. It is about a women’s professional baseball league during that started during the Second World War and lasted into the 50s. Like all great movies, it is about more than that. It is also about life.
You can take the quote and apply it to almost any situation in life. It rings true every time.
I don’t want to live an ordinary life. I want to face challenges and conquer them. There will be times when everything will fall into place. More often than not, I will have to work very hard at things that are worthwhile.
In baseball, if you fail seven times out of ten, you are doing very well. Some say hitting a baseball is one of the most difficult tasks to do in sport. When you do get a hit, the feeling is sweet. Like the quote says, it is because it is so hard that it is so great when you can do it.
What obstacle are you facing in life? It may seem insurmountable right now, but when you finally overcome it, you will be so rewarding. Just hang in there tough. It will be worth it in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment