
This world is sometimes tough
It kicks you around and treats you rough
There are times when you taste defeat
And your life seems very incomplete
You aren’t really sure which way to go
But there is one thing I will always know
I can place my heart
Safely in your hands
Though my mind may be full of doubt
And my soul is going through a drought
I look at the options and they seem too few
I contemplate starting over anew
When it seems as though the battle is lost
And I prepare myself to count the cost
I can place my heart
Safely in your hands
Though it may be dark
You provide the spark
That motivates me
Can’t you see, you set me free
When I come to you with wounded pride
And my feelings are hurting deep inside
I will no longer feel despair
Because the thought of you waiting there
Makes me count my blessings and the things I’ve got
And I will trust there'll always be a spot
Where I can place my heart
Safely in your hands
No comments:
Post a Comment