I have had the good fortune to have some of my articles published on the Internet. Of the 296 pieces, four have appeared on other sites. I have submitted a few others without success.
As I have mentioned before, my commitment is to try to write something almost every day for a year and see if I have enough good work to publish.
Some kind people have mentioned to me that they have enjoyed what I have written, either privately or by leaving a comment.
I have ads on the side and if enough people click on them, I will get paid. Unfortunately, you have to get $100 worth to get any money. Obviously, traffic to my site isn’t that great. Last time I looked, it was at about $35. Unless Oprah mentions me, I don’t think I will get rich.
Still, even if I am exercise my brain to discipline myself to write, that is fine. It is a bonus if it helps others get insights into their lives.
Even if one article gains some prominence, I will be happy.
The way I figure it, I will be about the same as Einstein. Besides the Theory of Relativity, do you know anything else he did?
Does Paul McCartney write a Yesterday ever day? In fact, how many musicians come up with huge volumes of songs? There are many one-hit wonders out there.
So there will be days that will be inspiring, but it is not unusual that many of them will be quite ordinary. However, in my life there is one difference. Most of the time I try to find the extraordinary in the ordinary. If my life is a sponge, I want to get every last drop of water out of it before I die. Thus, I try to approach every day as an adventure. I am looking forward to the future in every sense of the word. I am expecting something good to happen and I am trying not to look behind me. When my ship or ships come in I will be ready for them. Until they do, I will still treasure the days on the dock waiting for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, Johnny...goofed up the end of my last comment...let me see if I can do it right this time...ugh ...3rd shift....lol
Pam
Pam, I looked at your last comment a few days ago. It looked fine. Nice to hear from you again. 3rd shift? Do you work in a factory? Are you a nurse?
Hey there! Naw..I had wrote one earlier this morning..I see it didn't post! I work for a supermarket that is being remodeled and I am the great person who is babysitting the store so nothing leaves unpaid for etc etc. I do indeed have a long story on that one! It changes how you exist for sure and thoughts in the morning are not quite so clear! lol... In the comment that didn't post...I had asked if you would be interested in some general or even not so general life questions. I mentioned that I enjoyed most opinions because they tend to open my mind up when I am blocked on resolutions. I would not overload or anything...just giving and perhaps getting food for thought? I had intended to leave my address but it went to OpenID and really didn't want that...just let me know if this is asking too much?
Keep writing..you do cover a wide range of subjects! Thank you! Which "identity" do I choose to leave my email address?
Pam
You can always leave a message at the email address at the top of my blog. If you leave a comment using this comment box, if you check off anonymous, I will have no idea of who you are, which is no fun for me.
I moderate all comments, so if anyone wants to just talk without being published, she just has to state that. Otherwise, choose an identity that identifies you.
Post a Comment